Okay now that you know how to cast an SDS-PAGE gel, how exactly do you use it? Here, Dan shows you how to set up your apparatus to run SDS-PAGE -- everything in 7 easy steps.
Don't have a gel? Watch this video on How to Make an SDS-PAGE gel.
[see below for some important points to remember]
Some important points to remember:
- short glass plate faces inwards
- remove the comb carefully
- load samples inside the wells, and do not over fill (usually 10uL of sample is loaded)
- fill the inner chamber to the TOP with buffer
- fill the BOTTOM of the outer chamber with buffer
- attach power supply: RED to RED and BLACK to BLACK
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below, or just email us: email@example.com.